Department Of Chemistry
The College which was founded in the year 1948 in post independent era, with a mission to educate women, rightfully clinched on a science course in chemistry at intermediate level. The department of chemistry was established in 1957 with the introduction of B.Sc Chemistry. It was upgraded to a post graduate department in 1989 and research department in 2005 offering M.Phil programme and full fledged research department in 2012 with the introduction of Ph.D degree programme. The UG and PG curriculam is on par with the current trends in chemistry and offers papers like spectroscopy, Nano Chemistry, Industrial Chemistry, pharmaceutical Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Electrochemistry and Polymer Chemistry. The Department organizes symposium/worskshop/conference annually for the benefit of staff and students. The department has excellent infrastructure with well equipped laboratories which meets out the demands of the modern technology.